Bradley Coatings was founded in Connellsville, Pennsylvania in 1946. The company initially produced architectural coatings for the residential market in a former ice cream factory. Over time, Bradley gradually built a fully-equipped research and development laboratory and formulated a broad line of direct-to-metal coatings for industrial applications. These coatings were first introduced to the general industrial market. Penetrating the industrial segment ultimately led to more specific and more technical applications, which caused the product line to evolve and expand. Today, Bradley has a significant presence in the following DTM coating markets: Truck/Trailer, Automotive, Rail/Locomotive, Intermodal Container. In 2017, Bradley was acquired by United Paint & Chemical Corporation and moved its Headquarters to Southfield, MI. Bradley products are now available and supported throughout North America and China.